What is Balagokulam?
It is a forum where –
- Children learn Hindu values in enjoyable manner.
- Hindu children in USA learn to appreciate their cultural roots.
- All round personality development is achieved in practice.
- Children make new friends; participate in extra curricular activities, like skits, songs, etc.
- Children learn a sense of responsibility and grow up to be an ideal citizen.
Our goal is
- To facilitate children to appreciate, learn and practice Hindu way of life.
- Instill pride and confidence in Hindu children about their identity.
- Raise Hindu awareness in the society around them.
- Develop social awareness and leadership skills among children.
Vyakti Vikas (All-round Integrated Personality Development)
At Balagokulam, 360° personality development is achieved based on Hindu Dharma in the following ways
- Physical : Exercise and Games
- Spiritual : Study of Scriptures
- Mental : Yoga and other techniques
- Intellectual : Stories, Debates, Quiz, Projects
A proud Hindu:
- Understands the Hindu philosophy
- Is convinced of its importance for a peaceful world
- Practices Hindu Values
- Helps fellow Hindus
- Identifies himself/herself as a Hindu
A proud Hindu:
- Builds Confidence
- Embraces challenges of being part of two cultures
- Shlokas and Bhajans
- Surya namaskar and Yoga
- Stories and quiz
- Arts and Crafts
Special events activities:
- Festival celebrations
- 1 – 5 day camps
- Community service
- Balagokulam Magazine
- From rich Indian Scriptures and History
- From Panchtantra
- Inspiring stories from India’s freedom struggle
Shlokas and Bhajans:
- Predefined set of shlokas with their meaning in simple English
- Small Bhajans for different gods and goddesses
Arts and Crafts:
- Drawing, coloring and painting
- Akash Kandil for Diwali,etc.
- Clay work to create Ganpati, etc.
Activities on special events
Celebration of Festivals:
Ganesh pooja , Raksha Bandhan, Guru Pooja , Ugadi and other Hindu festivals
Seva or service is the best way for us to realize the divinity in all
Serve the needy , Visiting elderly people in convalescent hospital , Volunteer at Hindu temples , Work with other voluntary groups in serving the community
* Learn and appreciate Hindu values and cultural roots
* Opportunity to participate in Sewa activities
* Make new friends outside of school and work
* Sharper and focused mind , Better discipline
* Build leadership and teamwork skills
What do we do in Balagokulam ?
* Spiritual (10 min): Shloka, Prayers – Reciting and understanding
* Mental (10 min): Yoga meditation, Pranayaam
* Physical (30 min): Yoga, Surya Namaskar, Traditional Indian games
* Intellectual (20 min): Stories, Debates, Quiz, Arts and crafts
1st , 2nd and 3rd Sunday 12PM to 1:15PM @ Jain Mandir Auditorium
Fee: None| Age: 5yrs and above |
Contact: Shriram kelkar [email protected] 717-215-7006
Hindu Dharma for Kids and Parents